Senior Design / Drafting Technologist
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 320 professionals working from twelve offices throughout Ontario.
The engineering team at A. J. Clarke and Associates (AJC) (a division of TULLOCH Engineering) offers services to private and government sector clients throughout the Hamilton, Halton and Niagara Regions and beyond. Our focus is on private land development, and we service the area building industry through expertise in civil (municipal) engineering. A full description of our range of engineering services can be found here.
Our Engineering division is seeking a Senior Engineering Design / Drafting Technologist to provide support to Project Managers in our Engineering group. Projects will vary from individual lot severances to site plan developments, municipal engineering projects and larger scale plans of subdivision.
Working under the supervision of an Engineering Project Manager, the primary responsibility will be to assist the engineering project manager in all aspects of project delivery, particularly focused on completion of the final design drawings, as follows:
- Complete final engineering drawings for subdivisions, site plans and severances, for review by the engineering and for submission to approval authorities, using AutoCAD Civil3D, according to AJC CAD standards
- Complete detailed design calculations for servicing and grading plans under the direction of the engineer including: sewer sizing, road profile design, lot and site grading, stormwater calculations for attenuation and conveyance, layout of SWM facilities, cut/fill analysis from existing to proposed surfaces, watermain sizing calculations, fire-flow assessments and waste –water generation assessments
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks at once in a fast paced environment
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- 5-10 years experience working in the field of municipal land-development
- Extensive knowledge of municipal designs standards for site-plan and subdivision developments
- Understanding of the approvals framework for municipal land-development projects
- Solid understanding of civil engineering design concepts and principles
- Familiarity with stormwater management programs such as MIDUSS, PCSWMM, HEC-RAS
- Experience with WaterGEMS / WaterCAD would be considered an asset
- OACETT Tech or C.E.T. designation would be considered an asset
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email email@example.com. Please reference Competition ID-2018AJC Sr Drafter – Hamilton on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.