Senior Drafting Technician
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 275 professionals working from ten offices throughout Ontario.
A.J. Clarke and Associates (a division of TULLOCH Engineering) provides Professional Surveying, Planning and Engineering services to private and government sector clients in Ontario’s Golden Horseshoe Area. The firm’s prime focus is to provide services to the land development industry.
Our Surveying division also provides a full range of traditional surveying services including construction monitoring, precision layout, and high definition 3D laser scanning. We are innovative in our approach and whenever possible utilize emerging technologies to improve both the efficiency and quality of deliverables to our clients.
We are seeking a Senior Drafting Technician to provide support to Project Managers in our Cadastral Survey Group.
- Evaluating field data and research documents
- Calculations for construction layout and computations of field data
- Preparation of cadastral survey plans including: Surveyors Real Property Reports; Reference Plans; Plans of Subdivisions; Various types of Plans of Condominium (ie. vacant, common element, standard); Topographic Survey Plans; Site Plans for Building Permits; and Concept Plans for residential and Commercial Developments
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks at once in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Acts, Standards and Regulations as they relate to the preparation of various survey plans
- Experience in the assessment of field and documentary evidence
- Experience with CAD and MicroSurvey COGO software
- Experience with working with data collected from Total Stations and GPS
- Knowledge and understanding of legal survey plans (R-Plans, M-Plans, etc.), Block maps, MTO Title Records, and associated documents
- Experience in working with 3D laser scanning data and ability to perform grading design for new house construction would be an asset
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Competition Senior Drafting Technician ID -2016-10-Hamilton Geo on your application. Thank you to all applicants for their interest.