Materials Testing Laboratory Technician/Technologist
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 275 professionals working from twelve offices throughout Ontario.
Our construction materials testing laboratory offers a wide range of in-house laboratory testing services for soils, aggregate, asphalt, concrete and construction materials. Using up to date equipment and approved methods, we provide lab testing, field testing and sample collection services to meet our client’s construction and geotechnical needs.
We are currently looking for a full time Materials Testing Laboratory Technician/Technologist to join our Sault Ste. Marie team. This is a permanent full time position to begin as soon as a successful candidate is found.
- Carry out laboratory testing of soils, concrete and asphalt;
- Perform regular equipment calibrations;
- Monitor the placement of soil, granular materials and asphalt and carry out compaction testing using a density gauge;
- Perform concrete slump, air test and cast test cylinders in the field;
- Oversee geotechnical drilling as needed;
- Properly identify/classify soil types from samples; and
- Prepare field and laboratory test reports and other client deliverables as required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in a materials laboratory and knowledge of CCIL requirements and procedures
- CCIL certification for concrete, soils and/or asphalt testing is considered an asset
- Experience with laboratory testing procedures
- Able to read testing procedures, construction drawings and specifications
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write accurate, detailed field reports and make recommendations
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Willing to travel for field work
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email email@example.com. Please reference Competition ID-2018 Lab Tech on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.