Land Use Planner
A.J. Clarke and Associates (a division of TULLOCH Engineering) is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, and planning services in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). We provide engineering, surveying, and planning solutions for residential, commercial, industrial and institutional developments. Our team is known for innovative thinking and maintaining client satisfaction through quality and timely work. The work environment is fast paced, challenging, and rewarding.
We are currently looking for a full time Land Use Planner (Intermediate) to join our Hamilton team.
- A university degree in Urban and Regional Planning or planning related degree;
- Full or Candidate Membership with the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) and the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) is preferred. Eligibility for full membership with CIP is required at a minimum;
- The preferred candidate will have a minimum 2 years of responsible, relevant experience in land use planning and development, preferably either in the private sector or at the municipal level;
- Ability to assist in the preparation of Planning Justification Reports, assist in the preparation of Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) hearings, formally Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) with Senior Planners, preparation and submission of various application packages and supporting documentation;
- Technical knowledge of AutoCAD and other design applications is an asset;
- Ability to creatively handle a variety of complex issues having physical, economic, environmental and social dimensions;
- Time management, team development, analytical thinking and research skills;
- Class “G” driver’s license is required
- Working knowledge of the Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement, Growth Plan, Niagara Escarpment Plan, Greenbelt Plan, municipal Official Plans and Zoning or Development Permit By-Laws is required;
- Previous experience with preparing Planning Act applications for Consent, Minor Variance, Zoning By-Law Amendments (Rezoning), Official Plan Amendments, Plan of Subdivision/Condominium and Site Plan Control is preferred;
- Experience with conducting Public Information Consultation (PIC), or presentations to Committee of Adjustment or municipal city council in support of Planning Act applications would be considered an asset;
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills as well as analysis and negotiation skills are desirable. Liaising with other professionals, local municipalities, and government agencies concerning planning and development submissions will be a regular occurrence;
- Must have prior experience with Planning Justification Reports. Please submit a past Planning Justification Report that you have authored, with your resume.
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email email@example.com. Please reference Competition ID-2018 Hamilton on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.