Junior Inspector “RCJI”
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental, mapping and contract administration services. We employ over 300 professionals working from twelve offices throughout Ontario.
The Contract Administration team at TULLOCH offers services primarily to the provincial government, administering large-scale construction projects on highways throughout Ontario. We act as a liaison between the Ministry of Transportation and the construction contractor undertaking the work, administering the construction contract, inspecting for adherence to specifications, handling quantity calculations, processing progress payments, etc. We have been undertaking Contract Administration services for the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario since the inception of this role by MTO and offer the structure and stability of a mature company with a great reputation in the industry.
We are currently looking for a full time Junior Inspector with the ‘RCJI’ OACETT designation to join our Contract Administration team.
- Field Inspection including independently performing a broad range of technical inspections in accordance with established standards and regulations
- Inspection of methods and materials used by contractors, while ensuring conformity
- Assess compliance with contract documents
- Ensure environmental protection measures
- Materials testing including compaction testing, bag and tag materials and conduct field surveys to collect data
- Accurately record inspection activities in Field Diary, provide continuous evaluation of construction progress and provide reports to Contract Administrator on construction activity
- Must be willing to work anywhere in Ontario, on a project by project basis
- OACETT Certification – “RCJI” (Road Construction Junior Inspector)
- College diploma in Civil Engineering would be an asset
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time
- Ability to use computer and equipment specific to this position
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email email@example.com. Please reference Competition ID-RCJI2018 on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.