Intermediate Drafting Technician
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 275 professionals working from ten offices throughout Ontario.
The engineering team at A. J. Clarke and Associates Ltd. (a division of TULLOCH Engineering) offers services to private and government sector clients throughout the Hamilton, Halton and Niagara Regions and beyond. Our focus is on private land development, and we service the area building industry through expertise in civil (municipal) engineering. A full description of our range of engineering services can be found on our website: http://www.ajclarke.com/index.php/engineering/
Our Engineering division is seeking an Intermediate Design/Drafting Technician to provide support to Project Managers in our Engineering group. Projects will vary from individual lot severances to site plan developments, municipal engineering projects and larger scale plans of subdivision.
Working under the supervision of an Engineering Project Manager, the primary responsibility will be to assist the engineering project manager in all aspects of project delivery, particularly focused on completion of the final engineering drawings, as follows;
- complete final engineering drawings for subdivisions, site plans and severances, for review by the engineer and for submission to approval authorities, using AutoCAD Civil3D, according to A. J. Clarke CAD standards
- complete detailed design for layout of servicing features, including manholes, storm and sanitary sewers, watermain and appurtenance, retaining walls etc.
- complete grading design of road profiles, lot and site grading for buildings and residential units
- ability to complete storm drainage calculations for sewer sizing, together with storm and sanitary sewer design sheets would be considered an asset
Skills & Experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- 3-5 years of experience working in the field of municipal land-development
- Extensive knowledge of municipal design standards for site-plan and subdivision developments
- Solid understanding of civil engineering design concepts and principles as well as construction practices
- OACETT Tech or C.E.T. designation would be considered an asset
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email email@example.com. Please reference Competition Intermediate Drafting Technician ID-2016-11-Hamilton on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.