Intermediate Drafting Technician
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 320 professionals working from twelve offices throughout Ontario.
The engineering team at A. J. Clarke and Associates (a division of TULLOCH Engineering) offers services to private and government sector clients throughout the Hamilton, Halton and Niagara Regions and beyond. Our focus is on private land development, and we service the area building industry through expertise in civil municipal engineering. A full description of our range of engineering services can be found on our website.
Our Engineering division is seeking an Intermediate Drafting Technician to provide support to Project Managers in our Engineering group. Projects will vary from individual lot severances to site plan developments, municipal engineering projects and larger scale plans of subdivision.
Working under the supervision of an Engineering Project Manager and Design Engineer, the primary responsibility will be to assist the engineering group in project delivery, particularly focused on completion of the final design drawings, as follows:
- prepare engineering drawings for subdivisions, site plans and severances, for review by the engineer and for submission to approval authorities, using AutoCAD Civil3D, according to A. J. Clarke CAD standards
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their use of AutoCAD Civil3D as a design tool with a view toward a career progression that will eventually include design responsibilities as follows:
- aiding project managers in completion of servicing and grading designs under the direction of the engineer including: sewer sizing and layout, road profile design, lot and site grading and cut/fill analysis
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experienced with AutoCAD Civil 3D including Importing Survey Data, Alignments, Profiles, Sections, Grading Surfaces, Data Shortcuts, Storm and Sanitary Sewer Networks, Point Groups etc.
- Experience working in the field of municipal land-development would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with municipal engineering drawings requirements would be considered an asset
- Eligibility for OACETT Tech or C.E.T. designation is preferred
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Competition ID-2018AJCIntDrafter – Hamilton on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to email@example.com.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.