Intermediate Drafting & Design Technician
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 275 professionals working from twelve offices throughout Ontario.
The engineering team at A. J. Clarke and Associates (a division of TULLOCH Engineering) offers services to private and government sector clients throughout the Hamilton, Halton and Niagara Regions and beyond. Our focus is on private land development, and we service the area building industry through expertise in civil municipal engineering. A full description of our range of engineering services can be found on our website: http://www.ajclarke.com/index.php/engineering/
Our Engineering division is seeking an Intermediate Drafting & Design Technician to provide support to Project Managers in our Engineering group. Projects will vary from individual lot severances to site plan developments, municipal engineering projects and larger scale plans of subdivision.
Working under the supervision of an Engineering Project Manager, the primary responsibility will be to assist the engineering project manager in project delivery, particularly focused on completion of the final design drawings, as follows;
- Prepare engineering drawings for subdivisions, site plans and severances, for review by the engineer and for submission to approval authorities, using AutoCAD Civil3D, according to A. J. Clarke CAD standards
- Aid project managers in completion of servicing and grading designs under the direction of the engineer including: sewer sizing and layout, road profile design, lot and site grading and cut/fill analysis
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- 2-3 years of experience working in the field of municipal land-development
- Familiarity with municipal engineering design standards and guidelines
- Eligibility for OACETT Tech or C.E.T. designation is preferred
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Competition ID-2018 CADHamilton on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to email@example.com.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.