Health and Safety Specialist
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental, mapping and contract administration services. We employ over 275 professionals working from ten offices throughout Ontario.
We are currently looking for a full time Health and Safety Specialist to join our team in Sudbury, Huntsville, Sault Ste. Marie or Ottawa.
Job Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s Health and Safety program
- Research and develop Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that policies, procedures and documentation is updated as per legislative changes
- Proactively identify recommendations and develop plans that will contribute to a safe working environment for our employees while supporting the administration of our Health and Safety programs
- Maintain, distribute and track inventory of Health and Safety equipment, including PPE
- Conduct regular inspections of the work environment and monitor employees on site to ensure compliance
- Lead the activities of the Health and Safety Reps and Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Facilitate new worker safety orientations and training
- Develop and deliver educational materials and training
- Maintain training records and reports
- Act as a resource to employees and supervisors on Health and Safety related matters
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Post-secondary education with Health and Safety accreditation or working towards a professional designation (CRSP or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent computer, administration and training presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of Health and Safety including OHSA and Regulations
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Competition ID-HS2017 on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to email@example.com.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.