TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive consulting firm that provides engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 275 professionals working from ten offices throughout Ontario.
The environmental team at TULLOCH provides practical ecological solutions to industry, government and private sectors. Our biologists, engineers and technicians work together to provide a unique blend of expertise to our clients. We specialize in environmental assessment, species at risk, aquatic and terrestrial studies, erosion and sediment control, regulatory approvals, environmental inspections during construction, fish habitat restoration, hydrology and hydraulics.
We are currently looking for a Junior or Intermediate Environmental Technician to join our Parry Sound or Sudbury team this summer. This is a contract position to begin as soon as a successful candidate is found, and lasting until the end of August.
- A dedication to health, safety and the environment;
- Record and deliver clear and concise field data records and both verbal and written communications;
- Efficient and effective use of time and resources to ensure adherence to project budgets and schedules;
- Work with aquatic and terrestrial field biologists to conduct biophysical surveys in a variety of terrestrial and aquatic environments;
- Compile and summarize field data;
- Conduct all aspects of business, including interactions with regulators, clients, and colleagues with the utmost respect, honesty and integrity; and,
- Support various environmental project work as required.
- Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education with a degree / diploma in ecology, biology or environmental studies;
- Demonstrated experience conducting aquatic / terrestrial field biophysical surveys;
- Must be comfortable and feel safe working in and around water, in remote areas, and in all weather conditions;
- Certified in Ecological Lands Classification and the Ontario Wetland Evaluation System an asset;
- RAQS certification for Fisheries Assessment or Natural Sciences an asset;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License; and,
- Willing to travel for field work.
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Competition ID-2017ENV on your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to email@example.com.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest.